Back in the "swing" of things...
Saturday night we had Korean lessons and then as usual, we went out to dinner with our Korean friends. After dinner, a few of us went to nora-bong (karaoke where you rent out a small room for you and your friends) and it was a blast! Then after, we went out to a local seafood restaurant, which Bin and Ian claim is the best in town. They are friends with some of the wait staff as well so I got to take some pictures with them, haha. Anyway we had an amazing meal where you grill oysters, clams, mussels, abalone and all sorts of stuff on a grill at your table. One of our abalones was still alive and was squirming in its shell!
My squirming dinner
Sunday Rach and I decided to check out a Cherry Blossom festival since spring is coming on very quickly here. It was really nice out and we walked around and looked at all the trees. Since it was pretty early in the festival (the festival lasts a while) not all the trees were in bloom but it was still really pretty.
Tuesday we went out for Sharon's (one of our Korean friends) birthday. We walked along Cheonggyecheon stream f
or a while which was really nice and we plan to go back eventually. Then we went out to dinner at a traditional Korean restaurant where you grill meat and wrap it in lettuce with bean sprouts, kimchee, garlic, etc. Birthdays are really fun because you can bring your own cake into a bar/restaurant and they shut off all the lights and everyone in the whole restaurant hears the happy birthday song played over the speakers :D
More pictures HERE on webshots!
Lets see..last Thursday I went swing dancing with a Korean friend named Song. She brought me to a ballroom called "Sky" and once I walked inside I was right at home! The lindy hop is what they dance at this particular place and once I heard the music I couldn't help but start to move. I guess it was a bit naive to think that the Koreans wouldn't swing! But they can dance - and how! Song introduced me to some of the instructors and her personal friends at the ballroom since she's been a member for a while now and everyone was very nice. Only one of them spoke English, the others knew a little bit but hey - you don't need to talk while you dance, am I right? Anyway it was a really good time and I am going to be taking intermediate lindy lessons starting in May! I've always wanted to take formal lessons so I'm pretty excited.
My squirming dinner
Sunday Rach and I decided to check out a Cherry Blossom festival since spring is coming on very quickly here. It was really nice out and we walked around and looked at all the trees. Since it was pretty early in the festival (the festival lasts a while) not all the trees were in bloom but it was still really pretty.
Tuesday we went out for Sharon's (one of our Korean friends) birthday. We walked along Cheonggyecheon stream f
More pictures HERE on webshots!
I think that's all for now - stay tuned for more fun times had in the Seoul of Asia!
My! You guys are having some fun! Ox blood soup, fish eating at your toes, and so glad to hear about swing dancing Meghan. ; )
ReplyDelete