
A "Seoul-ful" weekend
New pictures HERE
So to start out, a little update on how things are going at Froebel.
So although I thought my classes wouldn't be changing too much - I was wrong, haha. We got a couple new guys on staff who majored in theater, so I got replaced in drama - which I didn't mind for the 6 year olds but I am really bummed I'm off 5 year old drama. Anyway, now I teach...wait for it....SCIENCE. Which normally would be super fun - we have these science kits so basically it requires no planning which is nice, however the "dream science" kits are more like...well, a nightmare. Haha. Ok really they aren't TERRIBL
E but some of the "experiment" components are just too difficult for "5" and "6" year olds to assemble themselves so basically I end up making parts of about 12 little experiments per class...multiply that by 11 and it gets quite tedious. Thankfully I am able to switch up some time slots so I don't have a day-full of science (5 classes in a row) anymore and I'm able to spread them out a bit more so I don't go crazy.
Also the new people on staff are a lot of fun! It's kinda fun to be with people who just got to Korea and remember everything that I've been through the last 6 months and how much I've actually learned here.
Last Thursday a few co-workers and I went to the baseball game and had a blast just being silly and cheering and explaining the rules of baseball to one of our South African friends who didn't know anything about it (he called the bases "white square things" or something like that hehe). The baseball season is winding down but we are planning to go to a few more games.

Speaking of Seoul sports, Rach and one of my co-workers and myself went to an FC Seoul soccer game on Saturday night. We got there a bit later than we anticipated, but it turned out alright. The game was really fun - when FC Seoul scored they shot three sets of red fireworks off near the goal! Rach even brought some jello to the game (Rach's parents brought us some!). After the game we met up with another one of my co-workers and just spent the night talking about all sorts of stuff. I learned alot about Canada. Haha.
New pictures HERE
So to start out, a little update on how things are going at Froebel.
So although I thought my classes wouldn't be changing too much - I was wrong, haha. We got a couple new guys on staff who majored in theater, so I got replaced in drama - which I didn't mind for the 6 year olds but I am really bummed I'm off 5 year old drama. Anyway, now I teach...wait for it....SCIENCE. Which normally would be super fun - we have these science kits so basically it requires no planning which is nice, however the "dream science" kits are more like...well, a nightmare. Haha. Ok really they aren't TERRIBL
E but some of the "experiment" components are just too difficult for "5" and "6" year olds to assemble themselves so basically I end up making parts of about 12 little experiments per class...multiply that by 11 and it gets quite tedious. Thankfully I am able to switch up some time slots so I don't have a day-full of science (5 classes in a row) anymore and I'm able to spread them out a bit more so I don't go crazy.Also the new people on staff are a lot of fun! It's kinda fun to be with people who just got to Korea and remember everything that I've been through the last 6 months and how much I've actually learned here.
Last Thursday a few co-workers and I went to the baseball game and had a blast just being silly and cheering and explaining the rules of baseball to one of our South African friends who didn't know anything about it (he called the bases "white square things" or something like that hehe). The baseball season is winding down but we are planning to go to a few more games.
Speaking of Seoul sports, Rach and one of my co-workers and myself went to an FC Seoul soccer game on Saturday night. We got there a bit later than we anticipated, but it turned out alright. The game was really fun - when FC Seoul scored they shot three sets of red fireworks off near the goal! Rach even brought some jello to the game (Rach's parents brought us some!). After the game we met up with another one of my co-workers and just spent the night talking about all sorts of stuff. I learned alot about Canada. Haha.
Sunday we ventured to Seoul Land with a few of Rach's co-workers. It was 5 of us girls and it was fun to have a girls Sun
day out. I'd never been to Seoul Land but we heard it was a pretty decent amusement park. It had mostly everything anyone would want in a theme park: the flume ride, roller coasters, ice cream, buttered baked dried cuttlefish...haha. We all had a great time and the weather was really nice. They had a "ride" I guess you could call it called the "Sky X" where you get strapped in, and pulley-ed up about 50 meters or so (almost as high as we bungee jumped) and then they count down and one person pulls a cord and you free fall and then swing while looking over the park and the mountains. Danielle and Sarah went together (team Canada) and Rach and I went together (team USA) haha. It was quite scary but super fun and the view was amazing! I would definitely do it again if I went back.
Overall things are going well for us. School has for sure been more stressful lately but we have some fun trips coming up so hopefully the mini-vacations will de-stress us a bit. We are going to Ullengdo Island over the Korean th
Thanksgiving holiday Chuseok and also have a trip to Jeju Island planned for the last weekend in October.
Also - MY MOM AND GRANDMA ARE COMING! In just a few short weeks and I can't wait!!! They will be here for about two weeks and they can't be coming at a better time. Beautiful weather, I'm really home sick, and I've been here long enough to really show them around! Yay!
Overall things are going well for us. School has for sure been more stressful lately but we have some fun trips coming up so hopefully the mini-vacations will de-stress us a bit. We are going to Ullengdo Island over the Korean th
Thanksgiving holiday Chuseok and also have a trip to Jeju Island planned for the last weekend in October.Also - MY MOM AND GRANDMA ARE COMING! In just a few short weeks and I can't wait!!! They will be here for about two weeks and they can't be coming at a better time. Beautiful weather, I'm really home sick, and I've been here long enough to really show them around! Yay!
Jello??? I never thought of that. What else would you like us to bring?
ReplyDeleteI can hardly wait to see and hug you again! We are going to have a great visit.
Love, Meema
I love Fall time! I can't wait for our visit. Not looking foward to the long flight but it will be worth it!!
ReplyDeleteSee you soon.
Love and miss you.
I wish I could come with Meema and Shelly! Your life in Seoul sounds absolutely amazing!
ReplyDeleteLovvvve you!
miss you soo much
ReplyDeletelove you