Q: Are you still in love with Korea?
A: 네!!!!!!
A: 네!!!!!!
As you may recall, Meg and I did a Q&A post around our 4 month mark in Korea. As we have recently passed the 8 month mark, we thought it would be fun to do another one. We have come up with some new questions and are also repeating some of the questions from last time.
Favorite non-Korean food you have eaten while in Asia?
Tom Kha Gai: Coconut chicken soup from Thailand
Tom Yum Goong: Spicy and sour prawn soup - Thailand.
Something I still want to do before I leave SoKo
Visit Busan and Panmunjom
Temple Stay where we get to stay overnight at a Buddhist temple and meditate with the monks (we are going on one Nov 21st!)
Something I wish I had discovered earlier
Asian pears...so delicious and huge...and now out of season...
Where the new bean-paste fish guy is located (they taste best when its cold outside!)
Favorite weekend trip since July 2009?
Spending Chuseok at Ullengdo Island
Ulleungdo! :P
Best English sign you have seen (many of the signs have...interesting translations)
The "Heed a fall" on a hill
on Udo Island
A door at the bank has a sign that says "Fush" on it...instead of "Push." I get a good giggle every time :)
Favorite K-Pop song
Abracadabra by the Brown Eyed Girls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlTqQjOJ7jk&feature=related
Best English sign you have seen (many of the signs have...interesting translations)
The "Heed a fall" on a hill
A door at the bank has a sign that says "Fush" on it...instead of "Push." I get a good giggle every time :)
Favorite K-Pop song
Abracadabra by the Brown Eyed Girls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlTqQjOJ7jk&feature=related
Mine remains "Sorry Sorry!"
Something I thought that I would hate but I actually like
Tofu
The majority of Korean food
Something I thought I would miss but I actually don't
Having a car (except when I go to Costco!)
Something I thought that I would hate but I actually like
Tofu
The majority of Korean food
Something I thought I would miss but I actually don't
Having a car (except when I go to Costco!)
Being at least sort of "in the loop" with American pop culture
How Korean fashion has converted me
I now wear tights under essentially all skirts and dresses
I can accessorize for much cheaper! And I love it!
Pink parking spaces meant for only women to park in
Squatter toilets with mirrors placed on the inside of the door in case you needed to make sure you look good while using the bathroom.
Weirdest pizza topping
Raisins
Weirdest pizza topping
Raisins
Sweet potato paste (but its so good!)
I'll be glad when I never have to...
Use a hot plate as my stove again
Get elbowed by an old lady. They have the right of way here, and they know it :P
I'll be glad when I never have to...
Use a hot plate as my stove again
Get elbowed by an old lady. They have the right of way here, and they know it :P
Best Costco find
Chocolate covered raisins
Animal crackers
One English song that is way overplayed in Korea
My Heart Will Go On
YMCA
One Korean word that has started making its way into your daily vocabulary?
아싸! (assa!) = "oh yeah!"
진차? (Jin-Cha)= Really?
Ridiculously cute kid story
I couldn't choose, so I am going to share two short ones with you. I was talking with my Nemos about what animals eat to kill some time. I asked them what spiders, frogs and cats eat and they were doing a great job whipping out the answers. Finally I asked them what dogs eat. They all stopped cold and stared at me with big eyes. Finally, Irean tentatively answered "dogs skeletons eat."

I got a new kids added to my ESL K class. He is really good at English but has decided that I am bilingual so he has been speaking mostly Korean to me. Finally, on his second day in my class he calls me over, leans in and whispers in my ear, "You're is a...mosquito!"
I couldn't choose, so I am going to share two short ones with you. I was talking with my Nemos about what animals eat to kill some time. I asked them what spiders, frogs and cats eat and they were doing a great job whipping out the answers. Finally I asked them what dogs eat. They all stopped cold and stared at me with big eyes. Finally, Irean tentatively answered "dogs skeletons eat."
I got a new kids added to my ESL K class. He is really good at English but has decided that I am bilingual so he has been speaking mostly Korean to me. Finally, on his second day in my class he calls me over, leans in and whispers in my ear, "You're is a...mosquito!"
Its hard to pin one down, but lately I have been having moments where the kids just do something totally crazy or unexpected and I just have to laugh. Not like "oh haha, you're silly, now sit down" laugh but a "wow I'm so incredibly lucky to be here with these crazy kids right now" laugh. Sometimes I have trouble stopping, so in that case, I just let myself laugh. The kids then start laughing and pretty soon we are all laughing and life is good. Its just good, you know? Crazy kids. Haha. I love them.
Any other questions for us as we hit 2/3 the way through, please let us know!
What do you think you will you miss the most after leaving SoKo?
ReplyDeleteWhat will you miss the least?
What is your favorite floor in the Hyundai Department store in Gangnam-gu? You havent been? Oh you MUST go! A great find.
Meghan, we went out to eat last night for your moms b-day.. we had a great time but we missed you! we all can not wait to see you in March.. also, your "BOYTOY" is HOT!!
ReplyDeleteLOL I really hope he doesn't read that... :P
ReplyDeleteThink I just read it :P
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA. Awesome.
ReplyDelete