It occurred to me that since Meg shared her background on getting into this adventure, I should as well. Upon graduation with my teaching degree I started the search for a teaching job. Although I was able to secure a position for summer school, nothing panned out for the school year and I signed up to be a substitute teacher in two districts. Initially, subbing was pretty steady but as November rolled around I was subbing less and less. The idea of teaching overseas had always been in the back of my mind, but I was unsure if I wanted to take that leap alone. So when Meg brought the idea up to me, I decided it was now or never!
Recently, we have both been approved for our E-2 visas (the last step in a long series of paperwork) and we just received news that our recruiter has secured us a two bedroom apartment (more details to follow). We have also started looking into all the sights and places we want to see in order to make you all jealous! All that is left now is packing our stuff and saying our goodbyes.
For future reference, Meg will post in blue and I will post in orange. We thought this might make it easier for you to follow our posts.
The Banality of War in America
15 years ago
The Purple is a little hard to read. I like the green print.
ReplyDelete